×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
  • Writer
    David Mark Brown
    David Mark Brown
    I like to explode things! As a writer I've been pursuing the perfection of collaborative, episodic, serial, digital storytelling. (Think modern day streaming television, but for books.) I mostly write speculative fiction...sci-fi, dystopian, weird western, punk, some biothriller, etc. My favorite is Space Opera at the moment. I'm thrilled to meet anyone and everyone, learn, and talk shop!
    See more
campaign Request update 0
Gridiron 2029
PG
16.3K
1
1
7.1K
2

Injuries, drugs and biohacking threaten the future of football. CK Campbell, anticipated number one overall pick in the 2028 draft, spirals into obscurity after a flashpoint between protestors, players and owners cancels the 2028 season and dashes his dreams.

In 2029, the gridiron goes virtual as cybernetic neural networks in tandem with extensive holographic projectors promise a more vivid spectacle for fans, a safer profession for players and more money for owners. Inevitably, the tectonic shift in the world’s most profitable sport unleashes unforeseen potential for corruption and scandal.

Campbell, once a vocal opponent of human implants and biohacking, undergoes experimental surgery to reconstruct his injured arm. An unwitting instrument of espionage and subterfuge, Campbell desperately accepts a contract to join the San Antonio Aztecs as an undrafted free agent. To reach the big stage, he’ll have to up his game while stopping those who would compromise the technology the league will kill to protect.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X